How to Participate
Step 1 – Create a user account at www.anglersatlas.com
Step 2 – Register for Winter Fish Fest at www.anglersatlas.com/tournaments & read tournament rules
Step 3 – Download the MyCatch app on your mobile device (Apple or Android)
- Yellow Perch
- Northern Pike
- Sunfish (Crappie, Bluegill, Pumpkinseed, Rockbass)
- Open Species (all other species can be entered)
- Longest fish in each category
- Random prize draw for each category
- Earn 1 ballot per category by submitting a fish in that category (size does not matter)
- Kids Draw (17 and under)
- Earn up to 5 ballots (one per category)
- Grand Prize Draw
- Earn up to 5 grand prize ballots by entering a fish in each category
- Longest overall fish
- Smallest overall fish
Question 1: Do I need to use the My Catch app to submit my catches
Answer: YES. Rather than using your regular camera app on your phone, all you need to do is open the My Catch App. All videos or photos need to be taken using the My Catch app in order to qualify.
Question 2: Do I need to upload a video submission on the CFN Fish Off Facebook page?
Answer: YES. In order for your submissions to qualify for the grand prize draw and other special raffles, you must:
a) Use the My Catch app to film your video and say the “tournament code”. Film your video by clicking the “Release” video button (Note: Releasing the fish is optional. Anglers are welcome to keep their catches).
b) Open your phone’s camera roll and all of your videos and photos will be there (just like if you used your own phone camera).
c) Upload your submission video to the CFN Fish Off Facebook page.
NOTE: Self-entering your catches on the CFN Fish Off website will no longer be necessary. The app will automatically compile all fish entries. Lengths and leader boards will be available both on the app and on the CFN Fish Off website.
TOURNAMENT CODE: “My catch is helping fishing research.”
Question 3: I have multiple family members that will be entering the tournament. Can we all share the same mobile device?
Answer: YES! Each angler will need to set up a separate user account on the My Catch website, however, the My Catch app will be able to log multiple anglers using the same app.
Question 4: How do I submit a fish?
Answer: Follow these steps:
- Open the MyCatch app on your mobile device.
- Press the PLUS sign in the bottom right hand corner.
- Select the species.
- Click ADD PHOTO MEASUREMENT and take an overhead photo of your measured fish
- Click ADD A RELEASE VIDEO and film yourself saying the tournament code “My Catch is helping fishing research.”
- Press SAVE to submit you entry.
- Open your camera roll and upload your VIDEO to the CFN Fish Off Facebook page to qualify for special raffle prize draws.
**If you do not upload your video to the CFN Fish Off Facebook page, your ballot will not be included in any of the draws even though your measured fish is entered on the tournament leaderboard.
Thank you to our awesome Winter Fish Fest Sponsors
Hi Mike, how are we entering the under 17 photos?
When an angler registers on the app, it will ask if they are 17 or under. All kid’s ballots will be automatically pooled into our main draws and kids draw. Nothing to do on the angler end other than register and catch fish!